Bladderwrack: Benefits and How To Consume
Bladderwrack, also known as Bladder Wrack, Black Tang, Rock Weed (to name a few) is a seaweed located on the "coasts of the North Sea, the western Baltic Sea, as well as the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans".
As natures source of iodine, Bladderwrack has been "used to treat goitre – a swelling of the thyroid gland related to iodine deficiency", since it's discovery (by the Western world) in 1811.
Due to it's natural iodine content , Bladderwrack is primarily used to treat conditions associated with iodine deficiency such as over-sized thyroid gland, and under-active thyroid.
Bladderwrack is sometimes used to boost the immune system and may also aid in treating the following conditions:
How to consume
Where To Buy
As the usual go-to choice, Amazon has some decent offerings such as this one.
- NATURAL | Grown wild in nature, without any human intervention, our bladderwrack herb powder is carefully harvested with the best intentions of herbalism. Experience healing benefits from natural plants while committing to sustainability in an era of mass production.
- THYROID SUPPORT | Iodine can impact thyroid health and metabolism. We use the whole seaweed plant, which is high in iodine, so you never miss out on any health benefits.
- NON-GMO | Always know what you are putting into your body. Harvested carefully, this bladderwrack powder is free of GMOs, which can be dangerous to your health and skin.
- EASY TO ADD | Easily add to foods during cooking, infused as an herbal extract or place directly into bladderwrack capsules.
- SKIN AND HAIR HEALTH | Add health to your body by incorporating the nutrients found in natural bladderwrack. Fucoidan helps to bring balance to skin with its anti-inflammatory properties.