This is a simple and delicious recipe for papaya jelly that combines papaya with our Irish moss gel.
- 1 Papaya
- 3 tablespoon Irish Moss Gel
- 1-2 handful Strawberries
- Cut open the papaya and remove the seeds. Scoop out the papaya fruit and place it into a blender.
- Add Irish moss gel and any desired fruit for some sweetness (which papaya often loses when combined with the Irish moss). Note that fruits with high water content will require more Irish moss to get it to firm up so just use a few (5 or 6 strawberries). Add star anise (optional).
- Blend for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Taste the mixture to check for desired sweetness. Note the taste will be a little different after it becomes firm due to the relation of taste and texture.
- Pour the mixture into a container, cover and refrigerate overnight. By morning the mixture should have become firm like jelly thanks to the Irish moss gel.